Here’s a snap overview of how the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme works because we’re getting quite a few employers contacting us for clarification.
Here are the main points:
- If you create a new job in your business and hire a 16-to-29-year-old you’ll get a $200 per week credit, if you hire a 30-to-35-year-old it’s $100/week credit.
- It’s available until 30 September next year.
- All businesses are eligible except Government agencies and companies claiming JobKeeper
- You must have an ABN
- be up-to-date with your tax
- be registered for PAYG withholding
- be reporting through Single touch payroll (STP).
- and the new employee you hire must have received the jobseeker payment, youth allowance or parenting payment for at least one month out of the three months prior to being hired.
Heaps more detail on JobMaker in our blog at www.hrtactics.com.au
Got a burning HR question? You’ll find our HR Q&A section on the front page of our website www.hrtactics.com.au
Send us your question and we’ll send you our answer for free!
HR Tactics – HR Consultants Brisbane – Outsourced HR
This information was provided with the intention of helping you find more clarity, confidence and peace of mind as you navigate your own journey as an employer. I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you think someone else would enjoy it please feel free to share it on.
If you want some fast and free tips on how to improve the HR processes in your business right now, start with our free little ebook.
If you want to hear more about the various HR solutions HR Tactics provides to the SME market and/or discuss solutions that would be most suited to your unique business, make sure you reach out.
Or ask us a question at our HR Q&A page and receive an answer to your question for free. We’re here to help.