Have you ever considered outsourcing the HR activities in your business?
I want to outline why you would outsource your HR function, and why clients outsource to us?
Because we’re a bit different to other outsourced HR providers.
Interested to hear how? Well, let me give you an insight…
First of all, we know the 3 things expanding SMEs need more than anything else are:
1. Cashflow – you’re watching the pennies like a hawk so for a time at least, should only be spending on the essentials that will drive cashflow and allow you to scale the business
2. Time – we know it, you’re time poor
3. Productive people – People are your greatest cost so minimising that cost and making your people your greatest advantage is incredibly important for you right now.
But we also know that you, the business owner, CEO, Director, want 3 critical things:
- Less stress and overwhelm – that was never in your minds’ eye when you envisioned your business back when you started
- Systems that create order, systems that minimise duplication, systems that mean tasks can be completed in a fraction of the time and from anywhere
- Access to the critical expertise you need, when you need it – that’s someone whose got your back, that you can rely on to ensure your business is safe and secure from legal risk, safety risks and financial risks – and we all know, employing people increase these risks exponentially
So that’s why outsourcing the management of your most essential HR strategies to one of our Off-Site HR Managers, who manage everything for you remotely (off-site), finally gives you an outsourced HR option you can afford when you’re in that growth phase or ideally prior to launching in to that growth phase.
The HR space is huge and there are many many HR activities that are nice-to-do’s but not must-do’s.
That’s exactly why, as a client of ours, you’re assigned with one of our highly qualified, extensively experienced, AHRI certified HR Managers. They focus on setting up the must-do’s so you’re not paying money out on HR activities and projects that aren’t mission critical to your business when you’re growing and expanding in employee numbers.
And the 5 HR strategies that we set up, automate and manage for you month to month so you can get back to focusing on what you need to in the business are:
- Recruiting strategy
- Onboarding strategy
- Engagement strategy
- Wellbeing strategy
- HR Compliance strategy covering Fair Work & WHS
Why are these the most critical HR strategies to bed down if your business is expanding in employee numbers?
Because these strategies are proven to save your business the most TIME, have the greatest impact on CASHFLOW, and find & retain your BEST PEOPLE longer.
Take a look at our 1 minute explainer video here to see how we can deliver this in your business:
5 ways YOUR business can benefit from OUTSOURCING HR
When we start working with clients we’re always interested to understand the underlying reasons you started your business and whether those reasons still ring true for you.
There’s often some common threads – you want the business you dreamed of having when you started out but you’re so busy wearing so many hats in the business, you’re concerned that dream may now not be achievable.
You want the amazing team of people and the emotions you envisioned you’d feel as you managed that amazing team but you’re so time poor that the cracks are starting to show across some team members and being in charge of so many is becoming more and more overwhelming.
You want your people to see and understand what you’re trying to achieve with the business. You want them to realise how awesome you are, how hard you’re working, and how much you believe in them and want them to come with you on the journey but as the business is expanding, you’re getting less and less time to spend on communicating these messages with them even though you know it’s so important to.
One thing is for certain –
If your employees are the backbone of your business,
they will always be the reason for your
success and your failure.
Here are a couple of questions to consider
Q: How much longer are you going to try to do it all?
Q: How much longer are you going to go before you consider how outsourcing will help you grow and scale, not to mention give you your sanity back?
Q: Do you, your Office Manager or Practice Manager have up to date knowledge and expertise in the broad fields of HR, WHS, psychology that equips them to manage the day-to-day and strategic HR aspects of the business?
Q: When are you going to allow your Office Manager to get back to focusing on the responsibilities they have expertise in – managing the ‘office’.
5 ways you benefit from outsourcing your HR function sooner rather than later
- Save you time – This is a biggie! Outsourcing free’s up your time to concentrate on other parts of your business while you know the HR responsibilities are in safe hands. Chances are, you didn’t start your business to end up spending your days deep in HR administration or day to day management tasks or designing or implementing new HR strategies to help you grow and scale the business, or teaching yourself how to navigate the Fair Work or WHS legislation.
- Save you money – Compared to the cost of hiring in a HR Manager, when you’re still growing, you need to watch every penny. So outsourcing the most essential HR work will save you money.
- Expertise – If you outsource to a reputable HR consultancy, you’ll benefit from their extensive experience in HR across small and larger businesses and the most reputable ones will also be HR qualified and certified by AHRI and even bring industry knowledge.
- Leverage their systems – The company you outsource to will have their own systems for many of the services provided to you, that way you don’t have to set up those systems inside your business.
- Leverage their networks – As experts in our field of HR, we have forged close partnerships with other experts in related fields and through us, our clients get access to their knowledge too. We’re very picky and only strike up partnerships with the most reputable companies who are experts at the top of their game and who subscribe to our strong client focused values.
If you’d like to discuss the idea of outsourcing some or all of the HR activities in your business, reach out to us through our website at hrtactics.com.au or email me directly at email@example.com
Share this on to anyone you know in business who is still struggling along without any internal HR expertise. We’d love to help.
Is outsourcing right for YOUR business?
Here’s something we know – if your business is growing in employee numbers or about to, you’re quite possibly experiencing some of the following emotions – stress, confusion, overwhelm, worry, sleep deprivation, anxiety, frustration, anger. Eek maybe you’re feeling all of them!
And here’s something else we know – As you increase the number of employees in your business, it is a slippery slope continuing to operate without the foundational HR systems, processes and documentation in order and well structured. If this is where you’re at, then be ready for those emotions above to creep in as the number and severity of legal, financial and safety risk grows with each new hire you bring onboard.
Outsourcing is a big step and you need to look carefully at whether it is right for your business.
To help you out in making this decision, here are…
6 more ways growing SMEs benefit from outsourcing your HR function:
Use this list and the previous 5 benefits from our blog article last week to help you decide whether the time is right for you
- No overheads to pay – Imagine being able to have a HR Manager but escape paying all the overheads that go with that. No need to have another manager on the payroll, no increases to your telephone bills, travel expenditures, and utilities outlay and you get to save the thousands you would have spent on recruiting and employing a HR Manager internally.
- Peace of mind – Keeping on top of it all can keep you very busy – or keep you up at night worrying about it. By outsourcing HR, you’ll have your own expert in this and they’ll be across everything you need to know at any particular time. HR can be a difficult and emotionally fraught job at times. The relationship between you the employer and your employees is like all relationships – it can be harmonious and mutually beneficial, or it can be prone to conflict and dissatisfaction.
- Objective, frank and fearless advice – Tackling issues like misconduct, performance problems, claims of bullying and harassment and other negative behaviours your employees might engage in, in the workplace can be very difficult. This is when an external person with the right skills, and at an objective distance can be invaluable in helping you find the best way forward. You don’t have to work it out on your own. Over time, your outsourced HR Manager gets to know your business and acts as your trusted advisor providing frank advice without fear or favour.
- Avoid Fair Work breaches – Outsourcing to the right HR Consultancy means you benefit from their up to the minute knowledge across Fair Work legislation, regulations, Awards, Enterprise Agreements, etc etc. – HR is complicated and sometimes tricky. Various legislation, awards and other compliance issues create an intricate web of obligations and demands on you the employer and you need to manage your risks very closely in this area.
- Avoid Workplace Health & Safety breaches – Your business will be 100% compliant with WHS legislation, Codes of Practice, Industry safety standards – Keeping on top of it all can keep you very busy – or keep you up at night worrying about it. A dedicated HR expert can assess your current alignment with workplace obligations and help you ensure that you eliminate or mitigate any risks.
- End it quickly and cleanly – Ending the employment contract with a manager can be tricky and highly emotional, especially if it’s on contentious grounds. By outsourcing your HR you avoid all that and can simply advise you’re ending the independent engagement. Done cleanly. Done quickly.
With the current economic climate, the smart business owners are exploring and considering ways to reduce their operating costs while increasing business efficiency.
This is why outsourcing HR is becoming an increasingly popular way to achieve savings for businesses.
To find out more about HR Tactics’ outsourced HR package and how the above can be a reality for you, access our latest blog here and then contact us for a discussion about the unique circumstances in your business. Take the first step to finding out more. We’re always here to help.
HR Tactics – HR Consultants Brisbane – Outsourced HR
This information was provided with the intention of helping you find more clarity, confidence and peace of mind as you navigate your own journey as an employer. I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you think someone else would enjoy it please feel free to share it on.
If you want some fast and free tips on how to improve the HR processes in your business right now, start with our free little ebook.
If you want to hear more about the various HR solutions HR Tactics provides to the SME market and/or discuss solutions that would be most suited to your unique business, make sure you reach out.
Or ask us a question at our HR Q&A page and receive an answer to your question for free. We’re here to help.