Hi everyone, Jackie Strachan here from HR Tactics with a newsflash HR Hot tip
DID YOU KNOW – In Qld there’s now a way to allow more people inside your business than the QLD restrictions are allowing
So provided that your businesses or organisation is in complete compliance with the requirements of an applicable COVID Safe Industry Plan and the relevant Health Directions, including social distancing requirements and floor space limits, you may have more than the limit of people in your venue or location as prescribed in the current stage of QLD’s Roadmap to Easing Restrictions.
Before I go into that, I just want to clarify what’s required of businesses at the moment when it comes to safety planning because although we are HR Consultants Brisbane, we are getting enquiries from businesses Australia wide about this area.
Pre-Covid it was a legal requirement for ALL BUSINESSES to undertake planning to ensure they keep their business, their staff and their customers safe. This is called your WHS Plan or your Safety Management System and is a combination of procedures, documentation and training content.
COVID-19 – STAGE 1
Since Covid-19 all businesses should have updated their Work Health and Safety (WHS) Plan to include strategies to manage COVID-19. This is an existing internal plan which does not need to be submitted to anyone for approval.
High Risk Businesses
The Chief Health Officer has identified some businesses as having a high risk of transmission, and therefore in QLD there is a requirement for these particular businesses to complete a mandatory COVID Safe Checklist the Govt developed, as well as completing the mandatory COVID Safe training. This information can be accessed through our Workplace Ready Toolkit at hrtactics.com.au
In QLD these high risk businesses include restaurants, cafés, beauty therapists and nail salons from Stage 1, and now extends to tattooists, tanning and spas from Stage 2 easing of restrictions.
If you do not offer these services, you do not need to complete a checklist. All businesses should, however, be following the work health and safety guidelines.
COVID-19 – STAGE 2 (from 1st June to 10th July)
The QLD Govt has now also released a number of ‘Approved Industry COVID Safe Plans’. And any business or organisation that is in one of these Industries is being encouraged to download and follow this plan and complete the Statement of Compliance to demonstrate you are undertaking best practice as a COVID Safe Business.
Provided that your businesses or organisation is in complete compliance with the requirements of an applicable COVID Safe Industry Plan and the relevant Health Directions, including social distancing requirements and floor space limits, you may have more than the limit of people in your venue or location as prescribed in the current stage of QLD’s Roadmap to Easing Restrictions.
I’ll just run quickly through the list of Approved Industry COVID Safe Plans’ that have just been released
- Aquatic Sport Sector (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Dance and Physical Performing Arts (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Field Sports (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Fitness Facilities (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Food Services (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Indoor Sports Group (PDF, 6.1 MB) and Indoor Sports Group matrix (PDF, 221 KB )
- Outdoor Team Sports (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Places of Worship (PDF, 458 KB )
- Queensland Hotels and Clubs (PDF, 827 KB )
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) Campgrounds (PDF, 261 KB )
- Queensland Tourism and Accommodation (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Queensland Wineries (PDF, 764 KB )
- Swimming Pool and Aquatic Centre (PDF, 868 KB )
- Zoos and Aquariums (PDF, 237 KB )
- Statement of compliance (PDF, 198 KB )
So if you’re in QLD and your industry was listed there you will be eligible to adopt your Industry COVID Safe Plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Go to our website and under the Resources page you’ll see our Workplace Ready toolkit
- Follow our “Industry Specific Information” link we have there because that will take you straight to the WorkSafe Website where you can look up QLD info and find the approved Industry COVID Safe Plan relevant to your business
- complete the statement of compliance included in the approved Industry COVID Safe Plan and display it in a public place in your premises before you start trading with additional customers from the commencement of Stage 2.
This information was provided with the intention of helping you find more clarity, confidence and peace of mind as you navigate your own journey as an employer. I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you think someone else would enjoy it please feel free to share it around.
If you want some fast and free tips on how to improve the HR processes in your business, start with our free little ebook available here
If you want to hear more about the various HR solutions HR Tactics provides to the SME market and/or discuss solutions that would be most suited to your unique business, make sure you reach out for a chat or ask us a question at our HR Q&A page and receive our advice for free. We’re here to help.